CALLING ARTISTS AND CRAFTSPEOPLE!
Are your portfolios creaking at the seams, art works in every nook and cranny? Do you have old work you want to sell?
We are opening up the Sadler Room upstairs at the Cooper Gallery for a Sale this Summer. It will be a departure from our usual meticulously laid out shows and the Sadler will become an Aladdin’s Cave for art lovers, crammed with artistic treasures for people to unearth, marvel at and of course buy! If you are looking for a chance to make some room and some money then why not try to sell your old work at the Cooper Gallery’s Summer Sale!
Open to artists and craftspeople working in ceramics, jewellery, paintings, printmaking and textiles…….etc Interested?
See back of this leaflet for details of how to enter Volunteer opportunities to help out with this show and others are also available. Please enquire at the gallery if you are interested.
To enter your work you will need to meet the following terms and conditions:
· All submitted works must be your original work. No copies or kit based work will be allowed.
· The show is for works on sale at £100 or less. This means that the maximum artist price will be £70.
· Please note that this is a sale. We want bargains. Please price all works at their lowest possible price. The gallery has the right to refuse works that we believe have not been reduced in price or we believe are unsuitable. The Gallery staff will layout and hang works.
· Although we can take some framed works, we do not have the same hanging space as in the downstairs galleries. Works will be stacked up against walls and placed on tables so please be aware that work may become grubby or damaged during the exhibition. Also due to restricted space we cannot accept works bigger than 1 metre square.
· We would prefer unframed works wrapped in cellophane but will accept works without any cover, however the Cooper Gallery will accept no responsibility for normal handling damage and scuffing.
· You can bring / post works to the gallery running up to the exhibition, from Monday 24 June till Saturday 13 July. Deliveries to the gallery must be between 10.45 am and 2.30 pm. No works can be accepted after this date.
· The exhibition runs from Saturday 20 July to Saturday 3 August 2013 Each artist will be able to submit up to 20 pieces of work.
· All unsold works MUST be collected after the exhibition closes. You can collect your works from MONDAY 5 to SATURDAY 10 AUGUST 2013, BETWEEN 10.45 am AND 2.30 pm
· The Cooper Gallery CANNOT store works and all works not collected after these dates WILL be destroyed.
If you require any more information regarding this or any other exhibition please ring Amanda Stoner on 01226 242905